Boston Portfolio Advisors
600 Corporate Drive, Suite 502
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Marko Jocic is a Senior Advisor at Boston Portfolio Advisors. His focus is on strategic business development and is also an advisor for our Hedge Fund, Private Equity, and Family Office clients. Mr. Jocic identifies prospective clients and understands their unique needs and requirements. He designs a modified plan every client and guides them from inception to implementation. He manages relationships with clients and coordinates both internal and external resources to guide them through the various aspects of their requirements.
Mr. Jocic has over 10 years of private wealth management and capital markets experience in working with both large and boutique sized firms, including Family Offices, Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, and Institutional Broker & Dealers.
Prior to joining BPA, Mr. Jocic was an independent consultant for multiple Hedge Fund and Private Equity firms where he worked on Marketing, Operational Infrastructure, and Compliance.
Previously, he worked for Global Trust Asset Management, LLC, a SEC registered investment advisory firm with approximately $200 million of assets under management, and Global Trust Capital Partners, LLC, a South Florida real estate private equity firm as the V.P of Strategic Development. As part of the Advisory Team and a member of the Investment Committee, he was responsible for raising the Firm’s AUM through both organic and non-organic growth.
Mr. Jocic also held multiple positions at Franklin Templeton Investments, John W Henry & Company, and Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking. He was exposed to multiple asset class and directly supported numerous portfolio managers on the institutional and retail side of the business. These included insurance companies, banks & trust companies, and high net worth families. The investment channels included institutional separate accounts, separately managed accounts and mutual funds. Through this exposure to an array of managers he achieved a keen sense of the quantitative techniques, principles, and analyses required in reviewing and assessing investments and identifying the associated risks, as well as identifying the drivers of performance.
- Portfolio Management – Managed retail portfolios as low as $1 million and insurance portfolios of over $5 billion creating enhanced value for the investors
- Capital Markets – Successfully raised debt and equity in excess of $100 million for Hedge Funds and Private Equity firms. Successfully helped Family Offices increase their AUM by identifying growth opportunities through mergers & acquisitions with party Family Offices or Financial Advisors and structuring those deals
- Risk Management – Evaluated portfolio performance and behavior on numerous portfolios across many asset classes including fixed income, equities, derivatives, and alternative investments
- Valuation – Conducted valuation projects on numerous none plain vanilla fixed income securities and on unusual Level 3 assets by providing independent cash flow calculations and developing assumptions
- Risk Monitoring – Developed and implemented new approaches to identify, monitor and manage the financial, fraud detection and operating risks, including a methodology that identifies the leading indicators of potential credit and servicing problems
Education and Industry Involvement
Mr. Jocic is also a frequent speaker at conferences on alternative investments, family offices, and portfolio management. Mr. Jocic earned his B.A. in Economics and a B.A in Entrepreneurship from University of Iowa. He is a member of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc (FINRA) and holds the Series 7 and Series 65. Currently, he is also a CFA level 2 Candidate.